Introduction to Project Management - (consists of 2 sessions - 11/7 & 11/14)
When it comes to managing projects, employees can sometimes find themselves in the uncomfortable position of lacking the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary for their success. The consequences of a poorly managed project can be costly.
This two-part workshop is intended for those who are new to project management or those in need of a refresher course.
Covered topics will include:
- Project planning and kickoff.
- Identifying key stakeholders & understanding their impact on the project’s outcome.
- The establishment of a cohesive communication plan.
- Determining actual & potential obstacles and risks.
- Identifying, scheduling, & assigning project work.
- An introduction to project management tools.
- Documentation and its critical importance.
- Project review & closure