UNH PD&T Dental Assistant Program Spring 2022
100 Hour Program | 60 Hour Classroom-with introduction to hands on | 40 Hour Clinical Externship (recommended)
Class Dates for Portsmouth Location: Thursdays 5:30-9:00pm & Saturdays 9am-12:30pm- April 9-June 18, 2022
Class Dates for fall 2022 at Manchester Location: Coming Soon!
The Dental Assisting Program prepares students for entry-level positions in one of the fastest growing healthcare professions ? Dental Assisting. With the national increase in healthcare-related services, and the national shortage of healthcare professionals, the need for dental assistants is growing substantially. With a growing workforce over 300,000 strong, a career in dental assisting ranks as the fourth fastest growing occupation in the healthcare technician field. To meet our nation?s growing medical demands, recent studies indicate that over 400,000 assistants will be employed by 2021.
The purpose of this program is to familiarize students with all areas of administrative and clinical dental assisting focusing on the responsibilities required to function as an assistant in a dental practice. This course covers the following key areas and topics:
Introduction to the dental and of dentistry and dental assisting
Legal aspects of dentistry including policies and guidelines
Introductory oral anatomy, dental operatory, and dental equipment
Introductory tooth structure including primary and permanent
The oral cavity and related structures
Dental hand-pieces, sterilization, and other areas
- 100 hour program includes 60 hours of classroom course contact and 40 hours of clinical externship.
- We will help with placement for externship
- $1,999 tuition fee includes all textbooks and materials.
Education & Certification Information:
Dental assistants and aides should have or be pursuing a diploma or GED.
- Upon completion of this course students will be prepared to work as an entry level Dental Assistant. Following the course, students will then need to have worked chairside for a total 3,500 hours before taking the DANB CDA exam.
- Upon completion of this course students will not be able to perform radiology tasks until obtaining the RHS exam and certificate. There are courses to take for Dental Radiology at various institutions, the radiology course is currently not part of this program
In many states, DANB-RHS certification is required to work in dental radiography.
In addition to facilitating entry-level administrative positions, this course is ideal for students interested in pursuing a future formal dental hygienist program.
- National and state examination fees are not included in program tuition.
Questions? Contact Zainab Qari at firstname.lastname@example.org