Where are they today...?
Where are Mary and Steve now?
Two years ago, Mary Bouzan and her husband “hit rock bottom.” They were $50,000 in debt. She and her husband turned to the Centers for Finance & Education for help. Nine months later, during the NHFCU 77th Annual Meeting, in March, 2019, Mary spoke in front of a crowd of 200 people. They’d already successfully achieved two of their biggest goals:
- Removing $11,000 of their total debt
- Moving into their own apartment after relying on family for some time.
- Mary and Steve continued toward their goal of being debt free … “rock-bottom” is no longer! Where are they today…?
- They both purchased new vehicles. A first time for “new” versus “pre-owned.”
- They closed on their first home the summer of 2020.
- They adopted two “furry” children.
- They have emergency savings.
- Mary became a Certified Financial Social Work Coach last summer.
- Mary was just promoted to Head Teller at NHFCU.
- Their dreams have become reality!