Great Bay Yacht Club Recreating History with an EPIC GBYC and Dover 400 MERRYMAC Regatta!
Great Bay Yacht Club of Dover, NH is pleased to announce an historic MerryMac Regatta will be held on Saturday, June 24, 2023 at Hilton State Park, Dover, NH in conjunction with the Dover400 festivities!
Over the years, GBYC has been working with local sailors to keep the spirit of the historic sailboat alive in the Great Bay area.
1. RULES: The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2021 – 2024, this Notice of Race (NOR), and the Sailing Instructions (SI) as issued at the Skippers’ Meeting.
2. Merry Macs, Oyster River Cats, Handy Cats, Nutshell Prams, any and all small sailing boats and dinghies are more than welcome.
3. While Merry Macs are featured, should enough other boats enter, additional starts and courses may be used.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Open to all ages. Entry Fee $40
Registration: 15:00 @ Hilton Park
Skipper’s Meeting: 16:00 @ Hilton Park
First Warning: 17:30 +/-
Races to follow
No starts after 19:30 +/-
High tide is at 18:09 PM @ Dover Point
Awards, BBQ, Stories and FUN at Great Bay Yacht Club following.
Registration officials will be on site at Hilton Park for your convenience by registration time, 15:00 and the Skippers Meeting will be held following also at the park.
Please make sure you register BEFORE the Skippers meeting.
SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: Available the Skippers’ Meeting
SCORING: Low Point Scoring as per RRS Appendix A. One discard if 4 races completed.
8. RACING AREA: Launch at Hilton Park ramp and sail upstream to the designated area.
9. COURSES: Windward-leeward & triangle, or a combination of the two, inflatable marks.
10. AWARDS: First through Fifth plus recognition of other boat class(s) attending
11. INFORMATION: Please text RC Tom Brown at 603-978-4765
12. LOCATION: from Portsmouth NH: Take Exit 6 and follow map below to get to Boston Harbor/ Dover Point Road which parallels the highway on the south side and drive under the highway to get to Hilton Park.
Please visit us: https://www.facebook.com/NHGBYC
Great Bay Yacht Club
June Pinkham For the Board of Governors
- April 18, 2023
- (603) 531-9969
- Send Email