2023 Clean out your Closets and Cupboards FUNDrive
DOVER-- During the month of March, the GFWC Dover Area Woman’s Club will host our first 2023 Clean out your Closets and Cupboards FUNDrive with our partners at Savers in Newington; and The Storage Barn in Dover, which is generously providing free storage space for our collected donations.
In exchange for donating clothing and other goods, Savers will donate money directly to our organization. All money earned will support our club projects and charity partners serving the Dover area community. Our goal is to earn $1,000, so we estimate we’ll need your help to collect about 250 large garbage/yard bags or more of donated items...CAN YOU HELP?
What Donations Will We Accept?
- Women, Men’s and Children’s Clothing; plus shoes, boots, scarves, belts, backpacks, and accessories.
- Household Textiles: bedding, comforters, blankets, sheets, towels, linens, curtains, etc.
- Small Kitchen Goods: cookware, dishes, silverware, glassware, and handheld appliances.
- Other items: Toys, games, books, and small electronics all in working condition, please.
- For soft goods, which include clothing and textiles, please pack in large garbage bags. Bags must be tied tightly. All items must be in sellable condition.
- For kitchen gadgets and other items, please pack snugly in small, closed boxes.
Drop Off Dates
We’ll be hosting three "open drop-off " donation days for our Savers FUNDraiser. Club members will be on-site at The Storage Barn and/or The Chamber of Commerce on select days to accept your donations.
- Sat, Mar 18, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Storage Barn, 385 Sixth St, Dover
- Sat, Mar 25, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Storage Barn, 385 Sixth St., Dover
- Sat, April 1, 9 - 11 a.m. Greater Dover Chamber of Commerce 550 Central Ave, Dover
Please note: Donations may NOT be left off unattended at any time at either drop-off location. We appreciate the support of The Storage Barn and the Chamber. Please help us be great partners, too.
Special Pick Ups Arrangements: If you have more than five large bags to donate and live in the Dover area, please email us at email@example.com. Give us your contact information, and we'll be in touch with you to arrange “outside the door” pick up at your home.
Did You Know?
National Clean Out Your Closet Week takes place annually between March 13 and 19. Let's celebrate and do this together!! We'll help you declutter and take your stuff away! You can help us spread the word. Follow us on Facebook and share our Facebook posts with your friends. Tell your family, friends and neighbors. Let's clean our closets before springtime.
About The GFWC Dover Area Woman’s Club
As a proud member of the General Federation of Women's Clubs, our Dover Area Woman’s Club combines forces with tens of thousands of members around the globe to think globally and act locally. We are "Living the Volunteer Spirit" here in Dover, where we partner with AMAZING local non-profits including Dover Children's Home, Dover 400th Anniversary, Dover Community Trail, Dover Food Pantry, End 68 Hours of Hunger, HAVEN, NH Children's Trust, NH Women Vote 100 and Riverside Rest Home, and more. We are now a designated 501C3 organization.
The General Federation of Women’s Clubs is a unifying force, bringing together local women’s clubs, with members dedicated to strengthening their communities and enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service. With more than 60,000 members in affiliated clubs in every state and more than a dozen countries, GFWC members are community leaders who work locally to create global change by supporting the arts, preserving natural resources, advancing education, promoting healthy lifestyles, encouraging civic involvement, and working toward world peace and understanding.
Our GFWC Dover Area Woman's Club is always "Planting Seeds of Friendship and Service Throughout our Community." New members are always welcome. Our monthly meetings are held the second Wednesday night during the months of September through June, from 6:30 p.m. in the Greater Dover Chamber of Commerce Conference Room.