Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professionals are part of a team who provide community-based supports to individuals with intellectual & developmental disabilities. The position is 30 hours/week with access to paid time off and health insurance. Dover, NH based Direct Support Professionals report to the Community Participation Services Manager, and Sanford, ME based Direct Support Professionals report to the Community Supports Manager.
The supports provided out of our Dover, NH & Sanford, ME offices facilitate the community engagement of individuals with intellectual & developmental disabilities. Each Direct Support Professional (DSP) works with a small group of program members each day, engaging them in community outings as well as a variety of classes led by colleagues, including art, music, reading & writing skills, yoga, and other interests & goals set by the individuals themselves on a yearly basis.
Pay: From $16.00 per hour *
*Please note $16/hour is the wage as of July 1, 2022
Job Type: Part-time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-2:30pm
$1,000 sign on bonus after 30 days of employment!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide instructional support while assisting members with the implementation of their yearly Individual Service Agreement goals and encouraging independence.
- Promote quality community connections for members while seeking opportunities in recreational, social and vocational activities.
- Assure safety of members at all times.
- Timely completion of all required paperwork, i.e. daily notes, mileage logs, timesheets, progress notes and incident reports.
- Provide transportation for members in the community using your personal vehicle.
- Be a positive role model with strong advocacy toward member rights and choice.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings including Individual Service Agreement meetings as an integral member of the team.
- Work with individuals who may display mal-adaptive/assaultive behaviors.
- Exposure to bodily fluids – noting that Great Bay Services is taking precautions around the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lifting, bending, sitting, walking, running, stooping, carrying objects and other physical movements.
- Work in various seasonal weather conditions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and valid vehicle inspection sticker.
- Carry mandatory auto insurance of no less than 100K/300K.
- Graduate of high school or recipient of GED certificate.
- Compassion for those with differences, and an interest in supporting individuals in achieving their goals.
- First Aid & CPR certification training will be provided to candidates without it.
The successful candidate will be subject to background checks, including driving & criminal. A valid driver’s license, evidence of current vehicle registration, inspection and insurance is also required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations and some flexibility is available for scheduled hours, to perform the essential functions. Individuals interested in working fewer than 30 hours/week are welcome to apply.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- Mileage reimbursement (when using personal vehicle)
We are continuing to follow best practices within our industry.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location