Sr Design Engineer
Senior Magnetics Design Engineer
Vishay HiRel Systems, a leader in magnetic and power supply manufacturing for military, medical, avionics, and automotive applications is seeking a Full-time Sr. Magnetics Design Engineer for our Dover, NH facility.
As Sr. Magnetics Design Engineer, you’ll be responsible for magnetics design primarily focused on custom transformers, inductors and coils for use in the military, medical, aerospace, industrial, and test and measurement applications. Duties include, but are not limited to, working with customers to design and develop custom magnetic components; providing technical leadership in the areas of electrical, mechanical, thermal, and safety agency requirements. Additional duties include participation in design reviews including leading the DFMEA process, the coordination of prototype builds and design verification including planning, developing, and implementing experimental test plans and evaluating engineering test results.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Work and/or school experience in the area of magnetics design and/or switch-mode power supply design
- Experience with Ansys or other finite element analysis tools
- Experience using electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc.)
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills essential
- Experience with 2D and/or 3D CAD software
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- The ability to travel is required