OGUNQUIT PLAYHOUSE ARTS ACADEMY AUDIO TECHNICIAN
Ogunquit Playhouse Arts Academy is seeking an enthusiastic, qualified, AUDIO TECHNICIAN for their 2023 Summer programming. The Ogunquit Playhouse Arts Academy dedicates itself to the continuing development of programming that will both teach and inspire youth looking to follow a path in the Arts. This is a paid position and is part of the core Arts Academy Staff.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT
- Contractual Obligation
- First Day of Employment
- Last Day of Employment
Ideal Candidate must be detail-oriented, organized and focused in a fast paced working environment. Experience reading cable plots, and routine equipment maintenance are imperative. Reports to Audio Supervisor
Job Duties/Expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Mix each Mainstage Arts Academy performance (3 shows per week).
- Qualified candidate must have substantial experience mixing large musicals (25+ person casts, the Arts Academy uses professional music tracks) using the Broadway-standard “line-by-line” DCA/VCA/CG mixing style.
- Program the sound console for each production. Qualified candidate must have substantial experience programming Yamaha CL Series consoles for “line-by-line” mixing.
- Collaborate closely with the Education Director, Directors, and Executive Artistic Director to achieve the desired mix for each show.
- Assist in the hang, focus, and cable runs of audio equipment.
- Receive, check-in, and acquire any necessary rental equipment needed per show basis and for Season rental.
- Repair and maintenance of owned and rented Audio equipment.
- Show documentation and maintenance.
- Final Show documentation updated and provided to PM for each show.
- Assist in rehearsals and load-in/strike as necessary.
- Possess a strong understanding of Sound System Signal Flow and Operation.
- Possess a strong understanding of Sound System Power Flow and Operation.
- Responsible for building wireless mic rigs and wrangling wireless mics backstage.
- Strong wireless systems understanding, including software, firmware, and networking knowledge.
- Capable of utilizing Hellerman Tools, multi-meters, and can demonstrate understanding of wireless element rigging.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems quickly and effectively.
- Possess flexibility and positive backstage demeanor working with actors and other crew.
- Proficiency in the safe use of ladders, lifts, and fall arrest equipment.
- QLab 4+
- Yamaha CL Series
- Dante Level 3 Certificate
- Experience with Meyer Sound systems and software
- Experience with Shure Wireless Workbench
- Working understanding of general networking
- Working knowledge of ClearCom analog communications systems and FreeSpeak wireless coms
Compensation: $18/hour, with overtime and housing included.
Ogunquit Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to promoting the growth of a diverse and inclusive workplace. For our full Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility statement please visit http://www.ogunquitplayhouse.org/about-us
Please send cover letter, resume and references to Amanda Woodward, Production Manager, at email@example.com Include 2023 ARTS ACADEMY AUDIO in the subject line.